NorCal FJs

FJ Cruisers of Northern California

Please let me know if you are interested in joining me Sat 11/28. Bald Mountain is near Shaver Lake, CA.

Trail: Bald Mountain
When: Sun 11/28
Meet Time: 9:00 am
Where: 765 N Temperance Ave, #101, Clovis, CA 93611 - just off of Hyw 168 (Chevron, Subway, Starbucks, ) http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=765+N+...
Frequency: FRS 7/31

Bald Mountain:
Located in the Pineridge Ranger District, this is a great beginner’s route with a excellent view from Bald Mountain Summit. Bald Mountain is a 7,832 summit that is in close proximity to the Dinkey Creek Campgrounds. This popular OHV route is the only route on the district that is open year-round.
The route is accessible from the south by taking Dinkey Creek Road east from Shaver Lake and at approximately 9.5 miles turning left on Rock Creek Road (9S09). Go north on Rd 9S09 for 3.5 miles to start of the route. Staying right at the first two intersections will put you on the more challenging lower loop. Stay left for the most direct and easier route to the top of Bald Mtn.
To access from the north take Hwy 168 above Shaver Lake to the Tamarack Snow-Park, travel along Rd 9S09 for 3 miles to the intersection of Rd. 9S02. Take Rd. 9S02 south and you will come to the north trailhead in less than 10 minutes. This route is known as the "easy way" to the top of Bald Mountain. Stay right at the first intersection after the trailhead. Many high clearance trucks can reach the top going this way. Left will take you to the lower loop.

Views: 48

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Damn you and making a conflicting trip!
I'm sure Hollister will be more popular for the locals, besides you have a graphic ;-). I will be in Fresno for turkey day and want to make the most of my time.
Good idea Mark. My old stompin grounds but haven't been to Bald. I would go if there wasn't a group depending on me for the wine.
well hell, why don't you bring the group and more importantly the wine over this way?
Bringing the group or parting them from their wine...I'm dead either way.
WELL you do WHINE a bunch...

Damn NAVY people !!
Haha it's all good. Well I can make a graphic if ya want! I might try to get some stuff up like that more often... gotta put my graphic design major to use :-)
You inspired me, I'm working on something now. Where did you study? I got my degree from Chico State.
Haha nice.

Oh I'm still in school... only a sophomore (I think I'm the youngest member here, haha). I'm studying at University of the Pacific in Stockton. Did you major in GD too?
Very interesting, I will be doing the Mojave road over thanksgiving anyway...
Bahaha nice graphic

RSS

Badge

Loading…

NorCal FJ Twitter Feed

The NorCal FJ Shop

The Black Bear Bag
Use it for school, as a bug-out bag, or for your spy gear that only you know about.

SHOP NOW!

NorCal FJ Network Status

© 2024   Created by NorCal FJs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service